Wednesday 29 October 2014

The Body Shop - Christmas Makeup collection!

 
Hey beauties!
 
I know it's been a while but I have been busy with Uni deadlines (urgh) but I am here now ready to tell you about my exciting experience with The Body Shop! Now around a month or so ago I went to the York Designer Outlet with my sister. I insisted I was 'nipping' into The Body Shop as she continued to look around other shops.. I was there for around twenty minutes surrounded by a beauty lovers dream of discounted goodies. I was asked by a reader of my blog to try out some primers, so I went with the intention of getting a couple to sample. I ended up getting a couple of testers and picking my brother up some shampoo (he is worse than a girl with his hair).
I got carried away chatting away with the staff and I mentioned that I am a beauty blogger. I got to the till and paid for my things and as I tottled out with my shopping I was shouted back in and asked if I would like to blog for them! I couldn't believe my luck and I am honoured to have been given this opportunity from them.
So last Monday (20th of October) I went to get a make over by their store makeup artist using their new Christmas cosmetics line. They also gave me some to go home and try out myself and as I had a wedding evening do to attend I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to give them a go. So here is my review on the products..
 
Now I have wanted to try this particular one for some time now, it is their ALL-IN-ONE BB cream. It comes in 5 different shades (00-04). The reason there is only 5 shades is because it is a colour adapting formula! It actually comes out of the tube white and as you blend it into your skin it changes colour to match your skin tone.
 
 
 
I am shade 02, which is for medium skin tones. Now I do like my full coverage foundation especially as my days are long and full coverage is easier to maintain, but I was pleasantly surprised with this BB cream. It actually gives a really great coverage! It leaves a dewy finish but with me loving matte skin I paired it with the 'matte it' skin primer of theirs. If you have a good complexion and are looking for a lightweight foundation or if you want a base foundation which is buildable this is definitely worth checking out! The 'matte it' primer is actually one I picked up on my first visit and by the way it is absolutely fabulous.
 
As for eyes I was given the Dolly Pastels eye shadow palette..
 
 
It comes with 4 different shades:
top left - base
top right - outer corners
bottom left - lid liner
bottom right - highlight
 
Now there is two variations of the palette, there is this one (dolly pastels) and another which is called frosted pastels which contains more minty hues. I really enjoyed playing around with these colours, they have a frosty finish to them so they are slightly metallic apart from the matte brown. I found the colour of the shadows have to be built on but that's not really an issue, as I tend to pack it on when I opt for a smoky eye anyway. With their products being made from natural ingredients they don't harm your skin so these shadows would be perfect for children's Christmas parties too!
 
 
For my lashes I used their glitter mascara, now when you read that I bet you screwed your face up and said to yourself 'who's worn that since the 90s', but don't be to quick to judge as it is really subtle and I found it brightened up my eyes! It's perfect if you're going for a basic eye, it adds an extra bit of sparkle which everybody loves during Christmas time!
 
 
Last but not least I finished my look with the Vanilla Brulee body sparkler.. as you might have guessed it is scented. It also comes in two other scents Frosted Cranberry and Glazed Apple. To be honest it is not the kind of thing I would normally go for but it is really subtle and smells divine. It can also be worn in your hair, so if you have children it would be perfect for their Christmas parties, I think it's better than those cheap and nasty glitter hairsprays you can buy and with this being au natural it's going to be harm free. If you use this over one of their body butters it will also intensify the smell and look how cute the packaging is!
 
 
The great thing about the York Designer Outlet Body Shop is that they have massive savings on their products. I think it is 20% off if you buy two of their products and a massive 40% off if you buy 4 or more.. PLUS if you own a Body Shop beauty card you get an EXTRA 10% off.. now tell me the reason not to shop there?! The cards are £5 for the year and they often throw in a free gift when you sign up or if you're like me and a student they are freeeee! With it you get 10% off your purchases in regular stores and as I have just explained an extra 10% off in YDO. With every purchase you make you get a stamp, once you get 4 stamps you get a free gift worth up to £5 and when you get 8 you get a free gift worth up to £10. That goes for them as a company not just York Designer Outlets particular branch.
 
Here is my finished look!
 
 
 
 
 
 
Thank you for reading beauties! I hope you enjoyed this one, I know I did. Don't forget to check out my GIVEAWAY . You can also find me on Instagram, Facebook and Bloglovin.
Thank you to The Body Shop for this massive opportunity and to you lot for reading me babble.
I will be back soon, if you have a post you would like to see don't be shy about commenting and letting me know (:
Stefi xoxo
 

No comments:

Post a Comment