Wednesday 1 October 2014

My everyday makeup routine and review of products!

I'm back! Now I am a get up and go kind of girl so I don't get up on a morning and spend a lot of time on my makeup 'cause I love my sleep too much! So here is my makeup routine, I have recently bought some additions to my kit so I will throw my opinion on them in here somewhere too!


My Victoria Secret makeup case carries my essentials in perfectly and it helps that it looks super cute too.. I've had this since Christmas last year ( I think) so I don't know if it is still available but they always have new pretty ones out anyway! Now new to my kit is Mac studio sculpt foundation, I'm usually a studio fix gal, but I fancied trying something new after seeing my friend Demi look ultra flawless rockin' hers, Link! To be honest it comes out rather thick and once it's on your face it rubs off easily 'causing it to transfer onto your clothes.. but it gives great coverage and I have just discovered a primer which in my opinion works wonders with it! It is The Body Shop 'matte it' skin primer, I only picked up a tester but after using it a couple of times it's won my never before primed face over! It is £12, but it's literally like silk on your skin and actually helps matte the dewiness of the studio sculpt which I love!  Link!

Time to conceal those, not so Chanel bags under my little brown eyes..

 
It's a good job I have no shame or this particular selfie would be massively embarrassing! I use the 'Collection lasting perfection concealer'. Now this is a massive bargain buy and after reading in numerous magazines that it is a makeup artists secret tool, I toddled off to boots to pick me one up hoping after I'd use it I'd look like Cara Delevingne.. I didn't but it did help with my bin liner eyes. So if you're looking for a concealer that does the trick at a low cost this little beauty might just do the trick! Link! 
 
 
STOP.. EYEBROW TIME!


 
It's all about that Rimmel eyebrow pencil for me. Probably 'cause it's a quick fix for my untameable brows and at £2.99 you can't got wrong. Link! As for the 'brow this way' gel, that's a new find in my life and I think I love it. It can clump a little and go on a little thick so you have to kind of get rid of any excess which lays on the brush before combing it through your brows, but apart from that I dig it! Link! This is the result of the two together!
 
 
I never used to use a powder but I have just discovered one by Estee Lauder. I've searched on the web and can't find it but It's the 'Lucidity translucent loose powder' and I got mine in the shade light. I think I paid £20 for it from 'The Makeup Company' in York Designer Outlet. It may be discontinued now which breaks my heart a bit 'cause it's so great! It doesn't cake at all and mattes my foundation which I love. Here's a picture of it, if you have ever used it or use it currently let me know!
 
 
I mentioned that I bought a new mascara in my 'beauty buys' post, its the Rimmel 'wonder'full' mascara with argan oil. I don't know where my sudden love for Rimmel as come from but it's ticking all the right boxes for me at the minute and the prices of their products are so reasonable too! This mascara is great by the way, may be worth a buy if you're looking to try something new Link!
 
 
Contour time, with my favourite beauty purchase of the year! The Sleek contour palette in medium, it comes with a contour powder, a highlight powder and a bronzer. I would 100% recommend this if you want to sculpt your face up! Link!
 
 
 
After I've polished off my cheekbones, I put my lipstick on, not going to lie it's usually in the form of Mac, you know how it is! For this look I used  'Close Contact' which I believe was in a limited edition collection of theirs at some point. You can get it from 'The Makeup Company' in York Designer Outlet, for £10.50. That's where I got mine from!
 

 
Ahh, its so perfect! My favourite lip colour for Autumn. I decided to straighten my hair this day to enjoy the last 24 hours of having long locks, as I have now had it cut short! So here's my finished day to day makeup look..
 

 
Hope you enjoyed reading this and in someway found it insightful! Don't forget to follow me on Instagram and Bloglovin and like my page on Facebook or subscribe to my blog! My next post should be a haul! Keep reading and thank you for your support x

3 comments:

  1. You do a really nice make up look :) I really want to find some Mac stuff but I don't think theres a store around where I live that sells it :(

    I hope you don't mind me nominating you for the liebster award
    http://bethlett.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/the-liebster-award.html

    Much love
    Beth xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh no that's a shame they usually have concessions in debenhams or house of Fraser so check those out (:

      Delete
    2. Awh thank you il get my blog on it soon (:

      Delete